July 22 Runoff Election — 3 BOE seats
Please remember to vote in the July 22 election — 3 BOE seats are on the ballot. Visit My voter page for your personal details.
Upcoming events you won’t want to miss:
- Open House and Registration – August 6 9am – 3pm
- New Parent/Student Orientation – 10am or 2pm
- First Day of School – August 11
- PTSA’s Back to School Picnic – August 16 11am-3pm, Tentative
This week at DSA
DSA Summer Office Hours: Mon-Thurs 8-4
Spring 2014 CRCT student score reports have arrived. Parents may pick them up during DSA summer office hours or they will be in registration packets August 6.
Summer reading and assignments available at: http://www.dsa.dekalb.k12.ga.us/. Click on “Summer Assignment” button.
Documents requests will only be processed on Tuesdays for pick-up on Wednesday. Certificates of Attendance, work permits, transcript requests, etc. will be processed once a week. Please plan accordingly.
DCSD’s new student information system is “Infinite Schoolhouse.” We are excited about this new platform and the many upgraded features available to staff and families. Please note, with this change in management systems, students and parents will need to re-register for access to the grade portal. As soon as this information becomes available, we will disseminate to our families.
Know someone new to DSA? Sign-up here for the newsletter.
Leaving DSA? If you want to stop getting the DSA newsletter in your inbox, please unsubscribe from this list.
2014-2015 School Calendar
The 2014-15 Dekalb County Approved Calendar
Carpool information for 2014-2015
To get started with forming carpools for the coming year I will collect information and send it out to interested families in an e-mail by August 1st. I will work off of last year’s list, dropping graduates, and adding interested incoming families (who received a flyer in their registration packet).
- If you were on the list last year and all your information has not changed, YOU NEED DO NOTHING.
- If you want your information deleted, added or have changed address, phone, or email you need to let me know BY JULY 20th.
- If you are new or not sure if you’re on the list send an email to email@example.com with: parent’s name, student’s name, student’s grade, phone number, address, zipcode, and the email address that you want the full list sent to on August 1st.
Marney Mayo (mom of Thersa and Steven)