A message from the DSA PTSA Executive Committee
With back-to-school rapidly approaching, plans are underway for Open House on Wednesday, August 6th from 9 am – 3 pm. We look forward to meeting new families and seeing old friends as we prepare for the first day of school and an exciting year ahead. At Open House, you will have an opportunity to join the PTSA, volunteer to serve on a committee, purchase spirit wear and agenda planners, and donate to school enrichment and teacher appreciation funds.
So that you know what to expect when you arrive, here are some details:
- Join the PTSA! Membership dues are $5 and we aim to achieve 100% participation among parents and students this year. Georgia’s PTA mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- Donate to the DSA PTSA Enrichment Fund. While any monetary donation is appreciated, a donation of $95 is suggested. This donation is 100% tax-deductible and monies go to support PTSA initiatives that positively impact your student’s DSA experiences, such as:
- Awards and scholarships
- Student activities support including back to school Picnic, SPA dance and banquet, SGA, Fringe Festival, Prom, Graduation, etc.
- Campus beautification
- Department grants
- Supplemental classroom resources
- Touring groups (BHT, DRC, Highleit, Drama Ensemble, Pro Arte, Theatre of Young Audiences)
- Administrative fees (Web site hosting, eNewsletter, postage, office supplies, etc.
- Volunteer to co-chair or serve on a PTSA Committee. There are many ways to get involved at DSA. We’ll help you find just the right spot (or spots!) for you.
- Contribute to Teacher and Staff Appreciations fund, suggested donation of $10, to enable PTSA to show our appreciation to our teachers throughout the school year with meals and other special treats.
- Purchase spirit wear.
- Get connected with a carpool.
- Purchase agenda planners, $5 each.
Calling all volunteers!
We encourage parental involvement at DSA! Every family is expected to earn at least 20 volunteer hours per semester at DSA. And, we have just to opportunity for you to start earning your hours. In order for the day to flow smoothly, we need a team of volunteers at assist at Open House. Click on the link below and sign-up for your shift today! Please contact Terry Reid at email@example.com with any questions.
DSA Back to School Picnic – SAVE THE DATE!
Celebrate a successful first week of school. Plan to join us on Saturday, August 16th from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm for our annual picnic. This is an opportunity to welcome new students to DSA, catch up with old friends, and make new ones. You will also have an opportunity to join the PTSA, donate to the Enrichment Fund, and purchase Spirit Wear.
- 11 am PTSA General Meeting in the Gym (You earn one volunteer hour for coming!)
- 11:45 am – 3pm Meet, Greet and EAT!
PTSA will provide hotdogs, hamburgers, veggie burgers and pulled pork. Returning DSA families will provide side items, desserts and drinks. New families get to relax and be our guests! Stay tuned for more details to come with an opportunity to sign-up to bring a dish and/or set-up, serve, and clean-up.
We’ll see you there!
EVERYONE will need to RSVP so that we plan around an accurate head count. Please click on the link below to sign up to bring a donation, help serve at the picnic, and to let us know how many will be in your party.