Attendance: Tenesha Kelley, Anne Kosmicki, Asele Mack, Susan McCauley, Lyn Brown, Terry O’Toole, Emily Ayers, Carla Jackson, Pauline Marshall, Irenea Seufert, Allyson Gevertz
Welcome called to order at 5:50 pm
- Approval of minutes (Lyn Brown)
- Minutes from previous BOD meeting were approved as written.
Treasurer’s Report (Emily Ayers)
- Audit of last year’s books is complete.
- PTSA will carryover funds to cover summer expenses to cover “Yes I Can” scholarship, Spirit Wear purchase, Agendas purchase and Back to School picnic.
- Emily will include an Treasurer’s Annual Recap in a May edition of DSA This Week! to will include an overview of how PTSA funds were used this year.
New Business (Terry O’Toole)
- Student agendas will be purchased over the summer – 350 quantity/$1300 will be carried over in the PTSA budget to cover expense
- DSA Foundation Run/Walk/Dance for The Arts is May 2. For registration and details, visit http://www.foundationdsa.org Goal set at 150 participants. Prize for best ant costume. Students and Seniors – $10; Adults 0 $20. Sponsorship opportunities available. Proceeds will support Foundation endeavors.
- Asele Mack and Anne Kosmicki will serve as tellers/ballot counters at PTSA election.
- Teacher Dinner for conference nights provided by PTSA / Teacher Appreciation Committee – April 22nd.
- Teacher Appreciation Week is starts May 4th. Teacher appreciation committee is making plans for the week long celebration.
- Fringe Week starts Monday, April 27.
- Webmaster position is open for next year. Lyn Brown will send a blurb for inclusion in the DSA This Week! Eblast.
- Lyn Brown will coordinate AP Testing snack bag assembly to be completed on May 2nd. Each student taking an AP exam will receive a snack bag as many students will move directly to/from EOCT when AP exams are complete.
- PTSA will donate leftover concessions to the 10th grade to sell at Fringe Festival in support of their fund raising efforts for next year.
- Annexation did not pass the legislation. Will be brought up for another vote at the next session in January 2016
- Tucker and Lavista Hills cityhood passed the house vote so a referendum for vote will appear on the November ballot
- Mr. Thurmond’s State of the District address will be held on Tuesday, April 21 at Clarkston High School
- Superintendent search is moving forward, Thurmond’s term in up in June 2015. Community Liaison Committee will cull top 30 candidates to 10 and Top 10 will be presented to the BOE on Friday, April 24. Next BOE meeting is May 4th
Principal’s Report (Ms. McCauley)
- Expecting enrollment to be around 400 for the opening of school in August 2015.
Meeting adjourned at 6:30 pm (Terry O’Toole)