Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm
- Pledge of Allegiance led by Carla Jackson
- Minutes approved as written (Lyn Brown)
Treasurer’s Report (Emily Ayers)
- Audit of last year’s books is complete.
- PTSA will carryover funds to cover summer expenses to cover “Yes I Can” scholarship, Spirit Wear purchase, Agendas purchase and Back to School picnic.
President’s Report and Announcements (Terry O’Toole)
- Election of new officers (2015-16 term)
- Elected by voice vote:
- President – Jennifer Boyanton
- Secretary – Alan Wilson
- Treasurer – Emily Ayers
- Elected by ballot vote:
- Vice-President – Phillip Polk
- (Asele Mack and Anne Kosmicki served as tellers/ballot counters at PTSA election)
- Elected by voice vote:
- DSA Foundation Run/Walk/Dance for The Arts is May 2. For registration and details, visit http://www.foundationdsa.org
- Teacher Dinner for conference nights provided by PTSA / Teacher Appreciation Committee – April 22nd.
- Teacher Appreciation Week is starts May 4th. Teacher appreciation committee is making plans for the week long celebration.
- Fringe Week starts Monday, April 27. Mr. M invited parents to attend the Film Festival on Friday Night during Fringe Week. There is something for everyone!!
- Legislative update:
- Annexation did not pass the legislation. Will be brought up for another vote at the next session in January 2016
- Tucker and Lavista Hills cityhood passed the house vote so a referendum for vote will appear on the November ballot
- Mr. Thurmond’s State of the District address will be held on Tuesday, April 21 at Clarkston High School
- Superintendent search is moving forward, Thurmond’s term in up in June 2015. Community Liaison Committee will cull top 30 candidates to 10 and Top 10 will be presented to the BOE on Friday, April 24. Next BOE meeting is May 4th
Assistant Principal’s Report (Mr. Winchester)
- School-wide testing begins this week through to the end of the school year
- Georgia Milestones – week of April 20th and 27 for 8th grade students
- End of Course Tests (EOCT) begin week of April 27th
- AP Test begin week of May 4th
- Finals for all students during the last week of school
- Students need to arrive at school on time, well fed and rested
- Last day of school Friday, May 22nd
Principal’s Report (Ms. McCauley)
- All staff present at meeting were recognized
- May 4th Teacher Appreciation week
- Parent Teacher conferences – Wednesday, April 22nd Sign up in the lobby at 3:20 pm.
- Art department is sponsoring an Empty Bowl Dinner – May 2nd during Fringe. For $10 you may purchase a soup dinner and take home a ceramic bowl created by a DSA artist
- Progress Reports and Production Credits went home last week
- Up-to-date information regarding the Superintendent search is available on the district website
- No budget cuts for the district next year. District employees will receive a pay raise for the first time in 4 years. No staffing cuts at DSA and Mr. Dixon, currently teaching French part time at DSA, will join the staff on a full time basis adding Social Studies to his schedule.
Meeting Adjourned at 7:30 pm (Terry O’Toole)