The DSA PTSA is seeking nominations for Committee Chairs for the 2016-17 school year.
It’s time to start preparing for PTA/PTSA officer elections for the 2016-2017 school year. The first step is to elect a Nominating Committee. The members of this Special Committee are elected to identify a slate of qualified candidates. Once the slate of candidates has been identified and posted, the election of officers occurs at a General PTA Membership Meeting according to your local unit bylaws. The Nominating Committee is dissolved after the election of officers. Remember:
- Only current members of your PTA/PTSA can serve on Nominating Committee
- The Nominating Committee is never chosen by the president.
- The Nominating Committee is not chosen by asking for volunteers
- The PTA/PTSA president cannot serve and is not an ex officio of the Nominating Committee
- The principal can serve on this committee if elected to do so.
- The total number of committee members must be an odd number
- The future of your PTA is determined by the leadership qualities of the candidates recommended by the Nominating Committee
To volunteer for this committee please email: