Meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by PTSA President Terry O’Toole.
- Pledge of Allegiance was recited by all in attendance.
- PTSA Secretary Lyn Brown presented the minutes from the previous meeting. Minutes were approved as written.
- PTSA Treasurer Emily Ayers reported an available balance of $22,676 in the PTSA budget.
- Expenditures since last report included to the music department for to help offset travel expenses of the annual trip for $1500, thus bringing the balance to $20,069.
- Additional committed funds equal $9783, $5600 is reserved for summer expenditures, and funding request this year $4500 will account for the remaining funds in the PTSA budget by year end.
- President O’Toole encouraged DSA families to give to the Enrichment Fund as this is the only fundraiser for the PTSA.
- The PTSA Council meeting was attended in February and a legislative update was provided.
- The Nominating Committee was elected. This committee is charged with recruiting DSA PTSA members to fill open Executive Board positions for the 2015-16 school term. The slate of officer nominees will be presented at the April 20th General PTSA meeting for vote and election.
- Member include:
- Sherry Stahler
- Mary Cash
- Teresa Fosque
- Terry Reid
- Ms. Susan McCauley
- ALTERNATES: Carla Jackson, Lyn Brown
- Ms. Susan McCauley recognized all staff members that were present at the meeting.
- DSA was rated an AP Honor School in three out of six categories – Challenge, Access, and Support.
- Assessment Season is upon us. Eighth grade End of Grade testing, AP tests in May, End of Course test for 9-12 grades in core subjects and Georgia Milestones.
- Spring Break is April 6h – 10th and the administrative offices will be closed.
- Dance Department attended the Regional Dance Festival. DSA Senior Danielle Swatzie was honored for Best Student Choreography and her piece was performed at the Festival.
- Tim Redovian Scholarship Fund applications are due March 30th.
- Spring musical, In the Heights, is this month. Parent help is still needed. Contact Mr. Nealer for more information.
- AP Exam Fees due March 13th. Test will only be ordered for those students who have submitted the test fee.
- Terry O’Toole invited everyone to stay to hear DSA Vocal groups perform in preparation of upcoming adjudications. Visiting concert choir from Mercer in Macon GA will be perform, as well. Meeting
Adjourned at 7:34.