Welcome and Introductions (Phil Polk,Vice President)
The meeting was called to order at 11:37 a.m.
DSA SGA president, Jading Graybyn led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Old Business (Alan Wilson, Secretary)
Minutes from the April meeting were unanimously approved.
Treasurer’s Report (Phil Polk)
Phil provided financial status of the PTSA for the year 2014-15.
Principal’s Report (Ms. Susan McCauley)
- Introduction of Staff
- Stay informed. Subscribe to “This Week at DSA”
- Cell phone use and policy
- Picture Day is August 25th
- The PSAT will be administered to all 10th and 11th grade students on October 14. Students in grades 8 and 9 may pay $15 (cash or check payable to DSA) to take the test. The PSAT is administered once a year – no make-ups. Deadline for payment is September 4.
PTSA Call to Action (Phil Polk)
- Parent involvement is critical to the success of the PTSA
- Enrichment fund. Why it is important and what it provides
- Teacher Appreciation fund and its purpose
- Sign up stations outside Cafeteria for volunteer, purchase Spirit Wear, planners, PTA membership, Enrichment and Teacher Appreciation today
DSA Foundation (Sue Briss)
- Explained the Foundation’s function and purpose
- Provided an update on the Foundations activities
Acknowledgements – Alan Wilson
- Committee Chairs open positions include Backstage Supervision, Creative Writing, Drama Parents,Campus Beautification, Grants & Corporate Donations, Instrumental Music Parents, Legislative Action, Programs / Playbills, SPA Dance, Technical Theatre, Visual Arts Parents
- Board of Director’s meetings – September 14th
• EC at 5:00 pm
• CC at 6:00 pm
• GC at 7:00 pm
Closing Remarks (Phil Polk)
Meeting adjourned at 12:03 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Alan Wilson, Secretary, DSA PTSA